The OEF Provincial Officials program provides individuals with no previous judging or course designing experience with the knowledge and skills to begin their career. This program offers entry level training to those who want to officiate at Equestrian Skills Development (E.S.D) competitions, EC Bronze level competitions and/or help prepare for the Equine Canada Officials programs.
The OEF currently offers Provincial Officials accreditation for:
- Hunter/Jumper Course Designing
- Hunter/Jumper Judging
How do you become a Provincial Official?
- Must be an adult OEF member in good standing (must be renewed annually)
- Have an Equine Canada Gold Sport License (must be renewed annually)
- Must attend one PSO or EC approved officials clinic (within 3 years) of applying for accreditation
- A letter of reference from two (2) individuals (sponsors). One individual must be either a certified EC official or an EC certified coach 2 (or higher) in good standing. The sponsors must send the letters directly to the OEF office
- Write and pass an exam relevant to the accreditation you wish to obtain based on the EC General Regulations and applicable discipline rules
- Remit a $30(+HST) registration fee annually. (fee applies per card)
Learn more - OEF Provincial Officials Program & Application Form