Anyone involved with horses can benefit from an OEF membership. Whether you are a competitor or a recreational rider, there is value in it for you!
2016 EXTENDED OEF Membership
(Begins September 1, 2016 and expires December 31, 2017)
2017 OEF Memberships
(Begins January 1, 2017 and expires December 31, 2017)
- Annual Individual Adult (18 yrs or older as of Jan.1) membership fee:
- 2017 Fee = $61.90 +HST
- Annual Individual Junior (17 yrs or younger as of Jan.1) associate fee:
- 2017 Fee = $51.77 +HST
- Annual Family (2 Adults + 2 or more Juniors):
- 2017 Fee = $221.24 +HST
* You are now required to purchase your OEF membership prior to purchasing your EC sport license. Please allow between 2 and 5 business days for processing. *
Why Join the OEF?
The OEF is proud to provide members value for their membership fee. As a member, you receive the following benefits.
- $5,000,000 Personal Liability Insurance
- Non-Commercial Stableman’s Liability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- $15,000 Horse Mortality Coverage (Specified Perils)
- $2,500 Life Saving Surgery Endorsement
- $50,000 Additional AD&D Coverage
- $3,500 Tack and Horse Equipment Coverage
- Out of Province Travel Health Insurance
For further information about automatic or optional insurance coverage, please contact BFL CANADA at 1-800-668-5901 or OEF@bflcanada.ca
News and Updates
- OEF members receive WHOA!, the official OEF E-newsletter which is emailed on a quarterly basis.
- OEF members receive regular email and social media updates on special offers, events and industry news.
Access to Exclusive Programs
- Only OEF members can purchase MAAAX Equine Feed LONGfibe™ forage cubes
- Only OEF members can participate in the National Equestrian Canada Learn to Ride Program
- Only OEF members can participate in the National Equestrian Canada Instructor/Coaching Programs
- OEF members save at System Fencing
- OEF members receive special subscription rates for all of the major equine publications
- OEF members save at TSC Stores
- OEF members save at Mark’s
- OEF members receive discounts from select tractor manufacturers
- OEF members receive discounted tickets to the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
Is an OEF Membership Mandatory?
An OEF Membership is mandatory if you participate in any of the following programs:
- All riders/drivers who compete in Equestrian Skills Development (ESD) competitions
- OEF Youth Bursary program
- Equine Canada (EC) Programs:
An OEF membership is mandatory if you are a member of one of the following organizations:
- Canadian Cowgirls Precision Drill Team
- Canadian Pony Cub
- Ontario University Equestrian Association (OUEA)
- Ontario Hunter/Jumper Association (OHJA)
- Ontario Horse Trials Association (OHTA)
- Trillium Hunter Jumper Association (THJA)