Horse Day is a free, one-day, public event designed to educate people of all ages about horses and provides visitors with the opportunity to experience horses up close and personal. Horse Day includes educational stations, riding and driving demonstrations and information displays in an effort to promote horses and equestrian activity in Ontario.
Toronto Horse Day
The OEF proudly hosts Toronto Horse Day on the first Saturday of June at the Horse Palace, Exhibition Place. In partnership with the Riding Academy at the Horse Palace and Toronto Police Services Mounted Unit , the OEF provides Torontonians a unique equine experience.
Where: Horse Palace, Exhibition Place, Toronto (indoors and will run rain or shine)
When: June 7, 2014 ~ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What: This free family event features a variety of riding and driving demonstrations, interactive exhibits, games, special guests and much more! Check out what we’ve got lined up:
- A special presentation by Medieval Times
- Tour of the Toronto Mounted Unit’s stables
- Riding/Driving demonstrations with horse breeds from around the world – from the mighty Percheron to the tiny Miniature. To see the demonstration schedule, click HERE.
- Autograph signings with Pan-Am gold medalists Eva-Maria Pracht and her daughter Martina Von Buttlar, Olympic medalists Jim Elder and John Rumble, four-star Eventer Rachel McDonough and Paralympian Jody Schloss. To see the autograph signing schedule, click HERE.
- A stick horse class for kids led by Degrassi star Sarah Fisher (Becky Baker)
- Equine Guelph’s interactive EquiMania! exhibit
- Kids’ activity zone featuring a face painter, horse-themed murals, colouring activities and much more
Parents and kids are encouraged to put their creative talents to work and create a custom stick horse and bring your creation to Toronto Horse Day! All kids are invited to participate in a Stick Horse Class in the ring for prizes!
Hey, kids! We want to see what your dream horse looks like! Help us take this plain horse and make it beautiful using crayons, markers, paint, sparkles — whatever you can think of. Let your creativity run free! Bring your finished piece with you to Toronto Horse Day on Saturday, June 7 and we’ll put it on display for everyone to admire.
For more information about Toronto Horse Day, contact: Melissa Kosowan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-441-7112 ext. 27
CLICK HERE to view pictures from 2014 Toronto Horse Day
CLICK HERE to view pictures from 2013 Toronto Horse Day
CLICK HERE to view pictures from 2012 Toronto Horse Day
Plan a Horse Day in your Community
The OEF is happy to provide guidance and support to any group who wishes to host a Horse Day event in their community. For more information please contact Pam Coburn at email@example.com
National Drawing Contest
Equine Canada, in collaboration with the provincial equestrian associations, is launching a national drawing contest for children between the ages of 3-16 years old. All children are invited to “Draw Their Favourite Horse”. For help drawing a horse, see the chapter within the Equine Canada Kids Package that you can download above. All submissions must be received BY JUNE 5th in order to be considered.
- The drawing must be on the 8.5″ x 11″ sized paper within the Equine Canada Kids Package, which you can download above.
- The drawing must be done by hand.
- The drawing must have at least one horse and one nature component.
- Only 1 entry per person.
- Drawing has to be submitted before June 18th.
- The beauty: does it bring any emotion to the judge?
- The balance and arrangement of colours: does the judge like it?
- The originality of the overall image: does it make the judge laugh or smile or think you are clever?
- The effort: will the judge think you worked really hard to achieve it?
Once complete, please send the drawing to Audrey Lapointe via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail 100-308 Leggett Drive, Suite 100, Ottawa, ON K2K 1Y6