The OEF is pleased to provide funding opportunities to a variety of programs and initiatives.
Recreation Funding Program
The OEF Recreation Funding program is designed to support educational programs and trail development initiatives for equestrian communities in Ontario including:
- guest speakers
- safety courses
- horse health and welfare initiatives
- creating new equestrian trails
- upgrading existing trails
- building bridges
- staging areas
- trail improvement for the safety of horse and rider
The funding is available to organizations that are current OEF Affiliate members and is designed to match dollar for dollar, and applicants must provide proof of matching funds for their program.
Provincial Breed & Discipline Associations Grants
Provincial Breed & Discipline Associations are eligible to apply for funding from the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport via the Ontario Equestrian Federation to enhance and implement new programs within the organization.
Quest for Gold
The Quest for Gold Program was established to provide additional support to athletes from Ontario and to increase the performance and number of Ontario athletes competing at the highest national and international levels, thereby contributing to the improved performance of Canada at international competitions.
Specific objectives of the program are:
- To help athletes continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition
- To encourage athletes to stay in Ontario to live and train
- To compensate athletes for earnings lost while training
- To enable athletes to successfully pursue excellence in sport while fulfilling their educational goals
- To increase athlete access to high performance coaching
- To enhance training and competitive opportunities available to athletes
CLICK HERE for the 2012-2013 Quest for Gold Draft List of Ontario Card Nominations.
CLICK HERE for the 2012-2013 Quest for Gold Athlete’s Notice of Appeal Template.