Become a nationally certified rider or driver! The Equine Canada (EC) Learn to Ride & Drive program was developed for individuals who wish to learn safe horsemanship and practices. The purpose of this program is to produce safe and knowledgeable horse people and to assist in the development of future instructors and coaches.
How to take part in the Learn to Ride & Drive Programs:
- Join the OEF
- Download and Review the Candidate Material document
- Determine the level you want to achieve
- Visit the Equine Canada E-Store to purchase either the English Rider Manual(s) or Learn to Ride Western Manual. You may also wish to purchase the Stable Management in Canada manual. For inquiries, please contact Megan McCormick at MMcCormick@equinecanada.ca,
- Contact a current and certified Equine Canada instructor/coach to begin training for the exams. Click here to find a certified instructor/coach.
- When your instructor/coach feels you are ready, they can administer the exam to you, some exams require you to use a coach other than your regular coach
- The completed exam and an administration fee of $22.60 ($20+HST) is then submitted to the OEF office by the evaluator
- Your certificate and badge will be mailed to you approximately 4 weeks after the OEF office receives your completed exam and administration fee
- You keep working towards the next Rider Level!
For more information please visit the following pages: