Become a nationally certified rider! The Equine Canada (EC) Learn to Ride program was developed for individuals who wish to learn safe horsemanship and practices. The purpose of this program is to produce safe and knowledgeable horse people and to assist in the development of future instructors and coaches.
How to take part in the Learn to Ride Programs:
- Join the OEF
- Purchase the English Rider Manual(s) or Learn to Ride Western Manual (you may also wish to purchase Stable Management in Canada)
- Download and Review the Candidate Material document
- Contact a Current and Certified Equine Canada Coach to begin training for the exams
- When your coach feels you are ready, they can administer the exam to you, some exams require you to use a coach other than your regular coach
- The completed exam and an administration fee of $22.60 is then submitted to the OEF office by the evaluator
- Your certificate and badge will be mailed to you within 3 weeks of the OEF office receiving your completed exam and administration fee
- You keep working towards the next Rider Level!