The objective of the Trail Guide Certification Program is to produce Ontario Trail Guides capable of leading safe, educational trail rides with basic instruction, whether on hourly rides, extended trail rides or horse packing/camping in the wilderness.
- Current OEF Membership
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- NCCP/EC Equestrian Theory Training Workshop
- Open-book assessment administered by an approved Mentor based on the required reading material
- Submit the following to the OEF Office:
- current First Aid certificate
- open-book assessment results
- completed mentor task sheet
- completed rider assessment form
- completed application form and $20+HST administration fee
- OEF Trail Guide Certification Manual
- EC Western Learn To Ride Program Manuals 1,2 & 3 and/or the English Learn To Ride Program Levels 1-2 & 3-5 Handbooks
- Stable Management in Canada
To Remain Current:
- Maintain a current OEF membership
- Current First Aid certificate on file at the OEF Office
- Certified Trail Guides must submit proof that they have guided a minimum of ten one-hour trail rides every three years (verified by mentor employer).
- Submit Trail Guide update form to the OEF Office
Please review the online Trail Guide Certification information package for more information.