Anyone involved with horses can benefit from an OEF membership. Whether you are a competitor or a recreational rider, there is value in it for you!
2017 OEF Memberships
(Begins January 1, 2017 and expires December 31, 2017)
- Annual Individual Adult (18 yrs or older as of Jan.1) membership fee:
- 2017 Fee = $61.90 +HST
- Annual Individual Junior (17 yrs or younger as of Jan.1) associate fee:
- 2017 Fee = $51.77 +HST
- Annual Family (2 Adults + 2 or more Juniors):
- 2017 Fee = $221.24 +HST
* You are now required to purchase your OEF membership prior to purchasing your EC sport license. Please allow between 2 and 5 business days for processing. *
Why Join the OEF?
The OEF is proud to provide members value for their membership fee. As a member, you receive the following benefits.
Automatic Insurance Coverage
- $5,000,000 Personal Liability Insurance
- Non-Commercial Stableman’s Liability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Optional Insurance Coverage
- $15,000 Horse Mortality Coverage (Specified Perils)
- $2,500 Life Saving Surgery Endorsement
- $50,000 Additional AD&D Coverage
- $3,500 Tack and Horse Equipment Coverage
- Out of Province Travel Health Insurance
For further information about automatic or optional insurance coverage, please contact BFL CANADA at 1-800-668-5901 or OEF@bflcanada.ca
News and Updates
- OEF members receive WHOA!, the official OEF E-newsletter which is emailed on a quarterly basis.
- OEF members receive regular email and social media updates on special offers, events and industry news.
Access to Exclusive Programs
- Only OEF members can purchase MAAAX Equine Feed LONGfibe™ forage cubes
- Only OEF members can participate in the National Equestrian Canada Learn to Ride Program
- Only OEF members can participate in the National Equestrian Canada Instructor/Coaching Programs
- OEF members receive special subscription rates for all of the major equine publications
- OEF members save at TSC Stores
- OEF members receive discounted tickets to the Can-Am All Breed Equine Show
- OEF members receive discounted tickets to the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
Is an OEF Membership Mandatory?
An OEF Membership is mandatory if you participate in any of the following programs:
- All riders/drivers who compete in Equestrian Skills Development (ESD) competitions
- OEF Youth Bursary program
- Equestrian Canada (EC) Programs:
An OEF membership is mandatory if you are a member of one of the following organizations:
- Canadian Cowgirls Precision Drill Team
- Canadian Pony Cub
- Ontario University Equestrian Association (OUEA)
- Ontario Hunter/Jumper Association (OHJA)
- Ontario Horse Trials Association (OHTA)
- Trillium Hunter Jumper Association (THJA)