The OEF proudly offers a minimum of five $1,000 bursaries every year to junior members to help them achieve their equestrian goals. The OEF Youth Bursary is aimed at supporting young riders/drivers and horse persons of all disciplines who are OEF members and full time high school students where financial resources and/or personal hardship is a significant impediment to them reaching their equestrian goals.
What can the money be used for?
The bursaries can be used to help pay for the following:
- Riding lessons
- Training fees
- Competition fees
- Continuing education,
- Other activities that will assist you to achieve your equestrian objectives
Who can apply?
If you can answer yes to the following questions you are eligible to apply!
- Are you a current OEF Junior Member?
- Are you currently attending a high school in Ontario?
- Do you need financial assistance to help achieve your riding goals?
How to apply?
Only applications that include the following items will be considered complete and eligible:
- Completed Youth Bursary Application
- Up to 500 word essay describing the applicants experience with horses and how the applicant plans on using the Bursary money
- A colour photo of the applicant along with their horse (if applicable) is attached to the application and an electronic version has been emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (minimum 300 dpi)
- Recommendation letter from your coach or personal reference letter if you do not have a coach
- A copy of the applicants most recent report card
2018 OEF Youth Bursary Application: HERE