The OEF proudly offers a minimum of five $1,000 bursaries every year to junior members to help them achieve their equestrian goals. The OEF Youth Bursary is aimed at supporting young riders/drivers and horse persons of all disciplines who are OEF members and full time high school students where financial resources and/or personal hardship is a significant impediment to them reaching their equestrian goals.
What can the money be used for?
The bursaries can be used to help pay for the following:
- Riding lessons
- Training fees
- Competition fees
- Continuing education,
- Other activities that will assist you to achieve your equestrian objectives
Who can apply?
If you can answer yes to the following questions you are eligible to apply!
- Are you a current OEF Junior Member?
- Are you currently attending a high school in Ontario?
- Do you need financial assistance to help achieve your riding goals?
How to apply?
Only applications that include the following items will be considered complete and eligible:
- Completed Youth Bursary Application
- Essay #1 – Describe your horse experience and how you would spend the $1,000 (250 words)
- Photo – colour photo of you riding/driving OR your head shot (Please note that the photo will not be returned)
- Recommendation letter for your coach or personal reference letter if you do not have a coach
- A copy of your current high school transcript